Browse by category
Customer Walk-in Checklist
The travel industry is dominated by guest service. As the customer demands grow, so does the complexity of delivering exceptional customer service. A customer walk-in checklist is essential to keep the guests engaged, assisted, and comfortable at all times during their stay.
In the hospitality industry, trust is best established by engaging potential guests in a conversation. When guests are greeted, it makes them feel appreciated and increases their loyalty towards the business.
Being polite and cheerful with your guests is crucial for just about any industry, particularly when it comes to elevating the guest experience. Employees will need to adopt a healthy balance of friendly and formal mannerisms in the hotel business to make guests feel welcomed. Good manners go a long way, and by pleasantly treating your guests, they will not only be keen to stay at your hotel again but may also recommend your hotel to their friends and family. So, projecting a warm demeanor towards your guests may boost the hotel’s image and lead to better traction in the future.
Always remember that you and your fellow team members are representatives of the hotel establishment. Hence, it becomes vital that you maintain eye contact, offer a warm welcome to the guests, and make them feel as comfortable. A friendly smile and kind disposition go a long way and indicate your brand values and authenticity. Furthermore, the hotel should ensure that they allow the rooms to the guests as smoothly as possible, and while doing so, they should gently inquire about their travel journey to break the ice.
Practicing such social cues will help build a friendly dialogue between you and your guests’ because they may experience a sense of familiarity and commonality with you. If the guests relate to you and your hotel enough, they may feel more inclined to take up future services. All these factors constitute essential features of brand management in a hotel. Keep in mind to provide baggage assistance as the guests have most likely undertaken a very long and tiring journey.
- The employees should be polite and accommodative towards the guests to maintain the brand image of the hotel.
- They should be willing to help the guests with their inquiries and grievances.
- Be proactive and know what your guests want out of their stay.
- Inadequate greetings by the employees of the hotel may not give off a good standard first impression.
- By not making a good impression on the guests from the very outset, you may create a sense of mistrust.
Luggage is one of the main things that can make travel inconvenient. By offering luggage assistance, hotels can very easily create a value-added experience for their guests.
Offering luggage assistance is beneficial for the hotel as it serves to enhance the guest experience. Providing luggage assistance to the guest will help ease their burdens, given how they must feel exhausted after undertaking a long travel journey. In some instances, the concierge can also help the guests feel comfortable and settled in their rooms by showing them various features that space offers, enhancing the guest experience.
The bell desk amounts to one of the most critical domains of the front office as it is the first to come into direct contact with the guests. Therefore, effectiveness and efficiency are among the fundamental requirements for employees working at the desk. The primary responsibilities of the concierge are to carry the luggage upon the guests’ arrival and offering assistance with regards to unloading the baggage from the vehicles. The concierge can then escort the guest to their room once the registration is completed and then transport the luggage from the lobby area to the guest room.
- The concierge needs to project a friendly demeanor towards the guests and greet them politely with a smile when they arrive.
- The concierge needs to take care of the luggage and handle it carefully as it could be fragile.
- There should be name tags placed on the luggage so that the correct luggage is sent to the room of the rightful owner.
- Always maintain a register for the arrivals of the luggage.
- The front staff should never leave the luggage unattended and should take the necessary steps to ensure that the guests’ luggage is securely handled.
- Do not assign the rooms until after all the formalities are completed.
Uniforms signify the identity of a business. When employees dress alike, they become easily recognizable by customers. By following uniform compliance, it could be made sure that employees are adhering to the uniform guidelines.
Uniforms are an excellent way to strengthen team-building among the hotel employees and promote unity, equality, and pride. This fostering of team spirit will help the hotel employees to feel better integrated into their work environment. Furthermore, the uniform gives off an air of responsibility towards the assigned roles and reminds them that they are the organization’s representatives. In addition, work uniforms feature the name and logo of the enterprise they represent, which helps increase brand awareness.
The uniforms help project a good brand image and brand concept of the hotel. More often than not, having your employees donning the hospitality staff uniforms is instrumental in keeping them focused and also serves as a physical reminder that they are at work. When all the personnel are in the ideal frame of mind and are attentive to the needs of your guests, it will clearly show. The uniforms also serve as a reminder that everyone has an important role to play while at work and are instrumental in scaling the quality and standards of the employees.
- Always wear a clean and neat-looking uniform as it gives off an air of confidence.
- The uniform should be complete and thorough as per the guidelines of the work environment.
- Your uniform will help to identify your designated role at the hotel.
- By not wearing the correct uniform, you are giving an informal and laid-back approach to your workspace.
- Improper uniform may indicate that you don’t take pride and confidence in the position that you are working in.
- Do not wear a uniform that contains visible stains and, if possible, promptly change into a clean one.
AI-powered process compliance
through your cameras
Unlock growth and profitability by leveraging